Non- E.D.T. Lessons
If you got your first learner permit before 4th April 2011 you do not have to complete any number of mandatory driving lessons before you sit your driving test.
That said, it is important you take lessons from a professional driving instructor so that you can learn the skills necessary to cope with driving on the road, not only in Meath, Louth or any other county in Ireland but also internationally should you move to or visit another country.
You will be taught how to:
- Move off smoothly and safely
- Stop smoothly, safely & legally
- Clutch control
- Approach and exit junctions safely
- Anticipate and react to hazards or potential hazards
- Drive decisively and defensively while continuing to make good progess
- Approach pedestrian crossings safely
- Turnabout (3 point turn)
- Reverse around a corner
- Parking including parallel parking
The above list isn’t exhaustive but will give you an idea of what you can expect from your driving lessons with iDrive Ireland.